Personal branding is about developing a recognizable identity for yourself as a professional or business owner. It involves putting in purposeful effort to establish and promote a personal brand, just like a product or company brand. Personal branding is about showcasing your unique qualities, skills, values, and personality to differentiate yourself from others in personal and professional contexts.
Key elements of personal branding include:
- Authenticity: Being true to yourself and presenting an authentic image to others. Authenticity helps build trust and credibility.
- Consistency: Maintaining a consistent image across various platforms and interactions. This includes your online presence, social media profiles, your digital touch points and all your brands assets.
- Your Value: Clearly defining what sets you apart and what value you bring to others. This could be in terms of skills, expertise, or a unique perspective.
- Visibility: Actively managing your visibility and presence, both online and offline. This may involve networking, speaking engagements and podcasting, social media, and of course your website.
- Storytelling: Crafting and sharing your personal and professional story in a compelling way. This helps others understand who you are and what you stand for.
- Professional Image: Paying attention to the way you are presenting yourself online is a huge importance if you want to grow your personal brand. Having consistant and professional photography that supports your brand’s vision, mission and values will help you look and feel more confidence as you present yourself and your brand to the world.
When it comes to building out your personal brand in a visual way, that’s where a Personal Branding photo shoot comes in. When we work together, I start by understanding your target audience, who you want to reach, as well as your brand values, your personality and what makes you different from other people in your field of expertise. I create a detailed shot list in preparation for the photo shoot. We plan the locations that will support your photos and suit your brand and we head on an adventure together to create the visual side of your personal brand.
Thought leadership as a Personal Brand
One of the next phases of your Personal Brand can be to develop yourself as a ‘thought leader’. Thought leadership in small business refers to the strategy of positioning oneself or a business as an authority and expert in a particular industry or niche. It involves consistently sharing valuable insights, expertise, and innovative ideas to establish credibility and influence within the target market. Basically, thought leadership is about being recognized as a go-to source for industry knowledge and a leader in shaping the direction of conversations and trends. In small businesses, thought leadership can lead to increased visibility, trust, and opportunities such as podcast features, press articles, and speaking engagement opportunities.
If you feel ready to dive into taking your personal brand to the next level, I’m here to support small businesses and entrepreneurs in Canberra. Head straight to contact me or see my packages here to learn more and let’s have a chat.